In Redwood Class, we produce excellent English work.
We are trying to achieve all of the Year 5 Writing Targets below:
- Produce legible and joined handwriting
- In narrative, describe characters, setting and atmosphere
- Use correctly punctuated dialogue to convey character and advance the action
- Use a wide range of devises to build cohesion within a piece of text
- Use correct tense throughout a piece of writing and ensure verb and subject agreement
- Use modal verbs and adverbs to indicate degrees of posibility
- Use a range of simple, compound and complex sentences
- Use relative clauses and vary their position
- Use a wide range of imaginative and figurative language
- Use commas to clarify meaning
- Use brackets, dashes and commas to indicate parenthesis
- Use colons to introduce a list or mark the boundary between clauses
During the Summer term, we will be focusing on a range of fiction and non-fiction texts: Myths and Legends, Persuasive Writing and we will be reading and creating pieces of writing around the traditional novel 'The Secret Garden'.