Welcome to the Redwood Class page. Here you can find out about we what we have been up to throughout the term, find reminders about upcoming topics and events and see what homework you have been set.
Redwood, I want to take this opportunity to say that I am so very proud of all of you. What a fantastic first term! You all returned to school with positive and resilient attitudes, and have adjusted to the new routines remarkably well. I have been so impressed by your hard work and enthusiasm, and I have thoroughly enjoyed my first term as your new teacher. I hope you have all enjoyed yourselves too. Have a lovely, restful half term.
Each week, your child will be set the following homework:
• Alternate English/Maths tasks for the Autumn term*
They will also be expected to:
• Read regularly (at least four times weekly) and record this
in their diaries
• Login to and practise times tables on TT Rockstars
• Login to Spelling Shed to practice their spelling assignments
* Please note, Dactyl homework books will be used for both Maths and English homework this term. Please encourage your child to complete and let me know if they experience any issues. These books have been bought as a resource to help support the learning undertaken at school; I
therefore ask that only the pages set each week are completed as homework and no more.
Hand in Date
• English - Pages 12 & 13 (Expanded Noun Phrases & Clauses)
• Maths - Pages 8 & 9 (Using Rounding to Solve Problems &
|Friday 6th November 2020|
• Maths - Pages 7 & 12 (Negative Numbers &
|Friday 13th November 202|
|• English - Pages 20 & 27 (Adverbials and Fronted Adverbials)||Friday 20th November 2020|
|• Maths - Pages 13 & 15 (Subtracting Mentally and Written Subtraction)||Friday 27th November 2020|
|• English - Pages 18 & 19 (Conjunctions and Determiners)||Friday 4th December 2020|
|• Maths - Pages 17 & 18 (Estimating & Check and + & - to Solve Problems)||Friday 11th December|